The Salkantay Trek is the number one alternative to the Inca Trail. With high snow-capped mountains, lowland jungle and a visit to the Inca site of Llactapata the trek offers a perfect mix of trekking, culture and nature.
With fewer people on the route the Salkantay Trek allows you to enjoy the natural beauty of the Andes without any of the distractions and disturbances you find on the Inca Trail
By booking your Salkantay Trek with Pacha Peru Explorers you are choosing the best. Don't believe ? try us !
- Starting Altitude - 2900m / 9515ft.
- Highest Altitude - 4650m / 15,200ft
- Walking Distance - 60.5 km / 37.5 miles
- Longest Day - Day 2, approximately 18 km/11 miles
- Coldest Night - Day 1 around 0º celsius
- Overall Difficulty - Difficult (depends on ypour level of fitness).
Acclimatization is Recommended***
GROUP SERVICE PRICE
- 2017 - Price per person US$655.00 (adults)
Important: Price includes up to 7 kilos of your personal belongings to be carried by the mules (NO need of extra Porter hire!).
PRIVATE SERVICE PRICES
- 2 people US$ 895 per person
- 3 people US$ 815 per person
- 4 people US$ 785 per person
- 5 people US$ 745 per person
- 6 people US$ 715 per person
- 7 people US$ 685 per person
- 8+ people US$ 655 per person
- Student Discount: US$20 (Requires ISIC Card to qualify).
- Under 18's Discount: US$20.
- Sleeping Bag US$30
- Walking Pole US$15
- Inflatable Mattress US$25
- Single Tent Supplement US$35
OPTIONAL EXTRAS (Need to book in advance):
- Machu Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 35.00 (Need to book in advance)
- Huayna Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 35.00 (Need to book in advance)
- Vistadome Train Aguas Calientes-Cusco: USD70.00 (Need to book in advance)
- Extra Night in Aguas Calientes: Depends on the type of Hotel desired (Need to book in advance)
Get in touch with us.
For reservations or further information please contact us, or complete the email contact form of this page. We look forward to hearing from you.
844 Saphy Street Cusco - PeruCall us: +51 998037474 / WhatsApp: +51 998037474 or write us: firstname.lastname@example.org